Green Day Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Day Forum

Welcome to My Green Day Forum, Have Fun and EnJoy.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

about

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
greendea

greendea

about Empty
PostSubject: about   about Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:53 pm

Adrienne Armstrong (born Adrienne Nesser, October 6, 1969) is the co-owner of Adeline Records and Adeline Street. She is also the wife of Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong.
Adrienne met Billie Joe at a Green Day concert on their first tour in 1990, after she asked the singer where she could get a copy of Green Day's album. The two began communicating over the phone, which involved Adrienne discussing her human sexuality class with Armstrong. The first kiss between the two led to an early Green Day song, "2000 Light Years Away".

The long distance relationship dissolved and Billie Joe began seeing a girl that would later inspire the Green Day hit "She". Adrienne became engaged to another man, but no wedding transpired.

After arranging many Green Day Minnesota tours for the purpose of seeing Adrienne, Billie Joe asked her to come out to California[1], inspiring the song "Westbound Sign" from Insomniac. They wed two weeks later on July 2, 1994. The backyard ceremony lasted five minutes, with many different religions represented. Billie Joe remembered their wedding by saying that, "Adrienne just got this ratty old dress and we got married in my backyard." The day after their wedding, Adrienne found out that she was pregnant.

Their first son, Joseph Marcicano Armstrong (likes to be called Joey), was born on February 28, 1995. On September 12, 1998, a second son, Jakob Danger Armstrong, was born to the family.

Songs such as "Redundant" and "Church on Sunday" chronicle the struggles Adrienne and Billie Joe faced during album recording. The making of American Idiot, as Adrienne claimed in the VH1 documentary Driven, "took [their] relationship further than [she] would've liked."

Her current projects are with Adeline Records, her clothing line Adeline Street, and activism with the Natural Resources Defense Counci

Adrienne began her career in fashion at the age of 17, when she worked at a recycled clothing store in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Speaking of her early experiences with creating clothes in a June 2006 interview, she commented, "I would bring home bags of clothes and cut them up. I wrecked so many cool clothes trying to make stuff." Adrienne also states that she "had a specific idea of [her] own style and always worked on creating clothes that [she] liked regardless of any trends happening."

Adrienne claims to have an "eclectic fashion sense," and has stated several times that both she and her husband "wear things that [they] like, regardless if they're from a thrift store, Target, or [Christian] Dior." The Green Day song, 'Fashion Victim,' released on the band's 2000 Warning: album deals with today's fashion scene and the amount of time and money people will spend just to fit in. When asked about the importance of fashion in the punk scene, Adrienne commented: "I don't really think fashion is that important. There are definitely people out there who think it's all about what you wear, from the predictable punk dress code to the high-end designer labels. I don't like labels in general, they're too confining. I like being at a shitty punk show as much as fancy award shows and I don't dress up to fit in. I just wear what I like, regardless of where I am at or what I am going to."

Adeline Street took off in February 2005, as an extension of Adeline Records and quickly graduated from basic band merchandise into a full line of men's and women's clothing. The line is largely influenced by the Armstrongs' passion for individual style, and is a collaborative effort between the couple. Adrienne describes Billie Joe as being "more of an idea man," in the process saying that she is "the follow through," in the duo. Adrienne works on the women's, children's, and accessories lines, but also plays a part in the men's line.

The line can be bought through several stores across the United States, and online through several websites, with a percentage of the quarterly proceeds going to charities. The Adeline Street webstore also comprises a 'Take Action' resource, encouraging visitors to become involved in social and environmental causes.

Adrienne and Billie Joe were recently in attendence at the MAGIC convention in Las Vegas, working to promote Adeline Street.

# Adrienne has a degree in Sociology from Minnesota State University, Mankato.

# She was the manager of Pier 1 Imports in the early 90s.[11]
# Her brother, Steve Nesser, is a professional skateboarder and makes his own line of skate boards.
# She is currently working with the Green Day + NRDC project and recently composed a video
raising awareness about every day things people can do to help save the environment.
# Adrienne and her family recently volunteered with the Habitat for Humanity development project, working in New Orleans for three days in April.

credit to wikipedia
Back to top Go down
without a name
Admin
without a name

about Empty
PostSubject: :)   about Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 1:13 pm

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.greendayforums.forumotion.com
greendea

greendea

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 am

Razz you're welcome
Back to top Go down
without a name
Admin
without a name

about Empty
PostSubject: :P   about Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:22 pm

Haw Old is Adrienne Right nOw? Is she Older than Billie or Younger or the Same? @
Back to top Go down
greendea

greendea

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:39 pm

she was born in 1969, so older... but i think she seems younger than him, anyways it was her birthday 2 weeks ago
Back to top Go down
without a name
Admin
without a name

about Empty
PostSubject: : D   about Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 2:44 pm

Well, Happy Birthday To Adrienne!!!! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
orangegreendaysuite

orangegreendaysuite

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:41 pm

Adrienne is about 39 or something like that
she's older than Billie by....4 or 3 yrs............
thanx for posting this ^.^

my version of the BJ+80 story
http://pic3.piczo.com/orangegreendaysuite/?g=20332568
Back to top Go down
http://orangegreendaysuite.piczo.com
without a name
Admin
without a name

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 5:21 am

Yea, You're Right. Billie Is 35 Or Something...
And I LOVE REALLY LOVE Of BJ And Adie's Story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greendea

greendea

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 7:41 pm

she is 3 years more than him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

about Empty
PostSubject: Re: about   about Icon_minitime